Thursday, August 6, 2009

on a positive note | sarasota bradenton modern contemporary photographer

if you ask a photographer what type of child is the hardest to photograph, they're reply will most likely be.... their own! lol

the other evening, i set off to shoot my own kiddies with some new props i came across. a hot yucky evening with bugs biting, i'm thinking it would be a breeze -ha! i went home with such disappointment thinking i can't even get my own kiddies to take one single smiling cute shot worthy to blow up onto my wall.....

then i got to my puter, plugged in my media card, and started to peak at what i shot. one by one came up and quite often my hubby would hear a giggle from behind the computer desk. then i realized how much personality i captured in those stressful few minutes when i let go of my expectations and just let my kiddies be themselves. i learned my lesson once again... and that's why "cheez" just doesn't work for me. the split second of capturing three curious boys looking directly at me with a hint of a genuine smile will not happen when i prompt with the old "cheez" pleez. the real moments i captured in between the few wanna-be shots are my true wall worthy winners that may or may not have a big grinning smile... but most definitely have captured their true character. :)

the true cheezy shots: one hitting the other, all looking in different directions.... those r my boys :)
and then we let them be them....



















2 comments:

  1. Erika Hessler SobinAugust 6, 2009 at 9:02 AM

    First of all, I love the story behind the pics...It's so true! I have to say I am such a huge fan of your work! You always take such beautiful and creative photos...making me wish you lived nearby!! Your boys are absolutely adorable and every pic you take of anyone makes them look like models! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridget--What can I say but I LOVE LOVE the pictures of the boys!! Not only are you gifted but you surely know how to capture each one of them as they truly are!! I can see the little smirk in Shanes eyes and Jorge is such a GQ man!! Elija is such a cutie! They all are and I am PROUD of all you have accomplished not only as a MOM but as a Photographer!!

    I too wish you lived closer but I do know where you Live and Love that we are related!!!

    No one else will ever take photos of important events in our family but you!!!

    ReplyDelete